Quick update from Tashkent.
- Applied for my Azerbaijan visa today. Arrived at the embassy at 10am, filled out the forms, and was told to come back on next Monday.
- Luckily, the Azerbaijan Embassy did not need to keep my passport. That means that I can apply for my Turkmenistan visa tomorrow. The absolute longest I think I can expect is a 10 day transit visa. However, from most people’s reports, it’s more likely that I’ll be given a 5 day transit visa. Therefore, unfortunately I will most probably need to hitch a ride across much of Turkmenistan, or catch a train.
- Anyone know how to hack the password on a Buffalo Pocket Station compact external hard disk (product number HD-DPM20U2/CR)? Can you believe this story:
- Today I went to an internet cafe. I attached the hard disk (that contains all my photos I have taken so far (20GB worth)) to the computer, and all was well. Later today, I went to another internet cafe to back up the whole hard disk, thinking it would be too bad if the hard disk failed and I lost all my photos. Well, it just so happened, that the second time I went to the internet cafe, the device all of a sudden started to ask for a password every time I went to connect it. Madness. There is no way therefore to access my photos or videos. I have emailed Buffalo in Japan asking them about the problem. The only way I can see at present to get access to all my four months of precious photos is to go through all the possible password combinations until I get the right one (four digit number).
- Took the train here to Tashkent. Bike is still in Samarkand. Hopefully this visa thing will only take a week or so, and then it’s back on my way towards England on my bikecicle.
- Got a haircut today. Left the beard untouched though. I now look like a extreme Islamist mujahed. Getting even more looks from the natives now. Will upload photos when my hard drive sorts itself out.
« Previous Day Next Day »
Permanent Link Comments (11)